POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Renderosity Contest : Re: Renderosity Contest Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Renderosity Contest
From: Maurice
Date: 12 Mar 2005 12:27:39
Message: <4233268b@news.povray.org>
Bryan Valencia wrote:

http://www.renderosity.com/index.ez?viewLink=514&AID=90&Form.sess_id=32004398&Form.sess_key=1110577892

> Sure, there's an entry fee.  But let's see how many of us can get a POV
> image in the book!

I'm not familiar with submitting artwork for someone else's book. So, I
don't know if it is common practice to ask the author of some artwork to
pay for inclusion of his work in a book. I always thought *I'd* get paid
royalties if someone wanted to use my work... But all things being
equal, it's crying out "scam" to me. I don't have anything that's even
remotely worthy of being published, but I wouldn't pay for it if I had.

--
Maurice

http://get-me.to/Hendrix